If you want to know how to stop panic attacks then this is the site that will show you the causes to panic attacks and how to stop panic attacks with easy, free, fast and effectively eliminate it forever. Find out effective ways on how to stop panic attacks without just solely depending on prescriptive drugs. How To Stop Panic Attacks by treating the root cause not the symptoms. Don't let your panic attacks disrupt your life. Learn how to stop panic attacks ,their symptoms completely and get your life back. Learn the right way how to stop panic attacks now!
Panic attacks can be extremely scary and difficult to handle at times. Some individuals black out during their first panic attack, as they become so nervous, they just can't seem to handle it. However, once an individual understands the symptoms of a panic attack, it's easier to stop panic attacks before they get out of control.
1. How to Stop Panic Attacks:
When you first feel a panic attack coming on it's important to take your mind off the symptoms before they get out of control. Start thinking about one of the happiest times of your life, or go play a game with your child, or call your partner or close friend to start up a conversation. The goal is to get out of your current situation, in order to take your mind off of your present worries.
2. Stopping Panic Attacks:
Get a glass of water and drink the water, as you calmy tell yourself that you are easing your symptoms of panic attacks by drinking the fluids. It's all about calming yourself down before the symptoms get out of control.
3. Panic Attack Symptoms:
Finally, simply remind yourself that you have been through these symptoms of panic attacks before and just as nothing bad happened to you then, it's not going to happen now. Not to say that the panic attack symptoms aren't terrible to deal with, however, you made it through before and you will make it through again. During a panic attack, the mind often freaks out thinking the absolute worst thoughts possible and patients often do feel as though they are going to die at times. The anxiety is overwhelming and this is why teaching yourself to slowly calm down and change your thought process, will help stop panic attacks.
Things You'll Need
A place to relax
1. If you have never had a panic attack before than you are in for quite a traumatic experience. But with guidance and advice about a panic attack you can be rest assured that you can control it and you can make yourself relax within minutes of having one.
2. First, you need to understand the symptoms, which There are many of; but some of the most commons one are:
1. Chest Pain
2. Rapid heart beats or palpitation
3. Feeling nauseous or like you are going to faint
4. Trembling or shaking
5. Fear of dying
6. Feelings of sudden fear that something bad is going to happen
3. The symptoms listed above are also described during a heart attack, but most likely if you are healthy and an EKG or your doctor told you that your heart is fine, then you are fine. During your panic attack you may feel like you are dieing and have the urge to run away from the current situation that brought on your panic attack. This is very scary, but you can control it.
4. A panic attack is brought on by mental stress, not physical stress. Mental stress is the bodies ability to cope with certain situations, which in tests people cannot cope with very well. When you have a panic attack it does not mean that you are mentally unstable it just means that you are stressed and your body is preparing for what could be a dangerous situation.
5. The first tell tale signs of a panic attack coming on is the sudden chest pain directly in the center of your heart, feeling nauseous and your hands or body make shake or tremble. This can last anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.
6. If you feel the attack coming on the most important thing you can do is stop what you are doing, continue breathing normally as you would, go and sit on a comfortable couch, floor or yoga mat. Sit in yoga meditation style and being breathing. No matter how much fear you begin to feel or if you feel yourself starting to hyperventilate just sit there and remember to breathe.
7. Think to yourself as you breathe, that you are ok, this is just a panic attack because you are stressed. Continue doing this while you raise your arms up and down slowly with your breathing. Raising your arms will help you forget about the tension, fear, anxiety or any anguish you may feel.
8. If you find yourself unable to control yourself during the panic attack then just sit there, if your body wants to cry, let it cry, that happens during a panic attack because of the sudden rush of hormones and the fear of dieing. Do not exert your body in anyway during the panic attack, that will most likely create more fear as your body will continue to release adrenaline.
9. Once you know how your body reacts to a panic attack and what symptoms are started you should immediately begin the relaxation procedure. After each panic attack you have you need to thoroughly write out on a piece of paper of you were doing when you had the attack and what you did 2 days prior to having your attack. Only then will you begin to understand what creates your panic attack.
Tips & Warnings
Severe Panic Attacks can cause mental anguish and can disrupt your daily lifestyle; if they are so severe that you cannot do anything you must seek a doctor immediately.